No Plan, no term
Terms and Conditions
Available by subscription on Telecom mobile phones or data devices connected to the XT Network only, for data usage within New Zealand. The service may not be cancelled for the first 30 days and you can only make one change to your mobile broadband plan per calendar month (if prepaid) or once per billing month (if postpaid).
Mobile broadband plans include a set amount of national data usage for a set monthly subscription fee as outlined in the mobile broadband plan pricing table. Unused data from your monthly allowance is not carried forward to the following month.
What does 'national' mean?
National data usage means data used on your mobile phone or data device while in New Zealand. This excludes data used while roaming, which will be charged at the applicable international/roaming data rate and is not included within your mobile broadband plan allowance.
When does the mobile broadband plan month start and end?
For prepaid billed mobile broadband customers, the included data allowance starts on the 1st of the calendar month and must be used within that same calendar month, and is charged on a pay-as-you-use basis. You will be charged for any data used in excess of your monthly data allowance within that calendar month. Any unused data from your monthly allowance that is not used in the same calendar month does not transfer to the next calendar month.
For postpaid billed customers, the monthly charge and included data allowance for your mobile broadband plan is based on your monthly bill cycle which can be found on your Telecom bill statement. Your included monthly data allowance for your mobile broadband plan is refreshed at 4pm on the last day of your monthly billing cycle. All data used from 4pm onwards on the last day of your billing cycle will count towards your next months included data allowance.
How will I be charged for a mobile broadband plan?
- Your chosen mobile broadband plan provides you with a set amount of national included data usage per month. For example, if you've subscribed to the 2 GB mobile broadband plan you will be entitled to use up to 2 GB of national data per month for a set monthly fee
- All eligible data usage will be calculated as part of your set included data allowance per month
- For Telecom mobile customers on prepaid mobile broadband plans, at the beginning of the calendar month you will be charged $1 per MB up until your monthly plan price, and then you will receive your remaining allocated eligible data usage, up to the total allocated monthly included data, for free (at $0.00 per MB). For example, if you've subscribed to the 750 MB mobile broadband plan you will be charged 10 cents per MB for the first 300 MB then zero rated to 750MB, then 10c/MB thereafter. And if you use less than 300 MB of data per month then you will only be charged 10 cents per MB for what you use and not the monthly fee
- For Telecom mobile customers on postpaid, you will be charged a subscription fee for your mobile broadband plan
- Customers with a residential or Business Broadband plan or a Total Home plan with Telecom, who apply a postpaid mobile broadband plan with a minimum fixed term of 24 months to that account may be entitled to a reduced monthly charge for their mobile broadband plan. You may have a maximum of three mobile broadband plans on your Telecom customer number when you have, and continue to have, a Telecom residential or Business Broadband plan or a Total Home plan, to take advantage of the reduced monthly plan price. If you do not have your home broadband or a Business Broadband plan with Telecom, or you already have the maximum of three mobile